Whenever you retire from active service, you will face many important personal decisions. That is why the State of Tennessee and POMCO are working together to help make one of those decisions (the Medicare supplemental insurance) easier for you. As a retiree, you may be eligible for The Tennessee Plan.
This plan is designed specifically for teachers, retired state employees, and local government employees and their eligible dependents and spouses. The Tennessee insurance plan helps fill the Medicare coverage gap when one has obtained Medicare coverage, one needs The Tennessee Plan to help cover most of the expenses that Medicare insurance does not cover.
If one is eligible, they can enroll in the Tennessee Plan coverage, mostly known as Medigap Coverage. Tennessee Plan is a standard Medicare supplemental insurance policy that is designed to fill in the coverage gaps in the Medicare Part A & B coverage.
The Tennessee department of commerce and Insurance has made it easy for you to save money and get discount health insurance. In Tennessee, there are eight basic kinds of health coverage:
- Major medical: Covers most health care services
- Short term major medical: Covers everything included with major medical except pre-existing health conditions; short term major medical usually lasts for six months
- Hospital and Surgical: Covers inpatient and some outpatient hospital and surgical care; doesn’t include prescription medication coverage
- Hospital Indemnity: Covers a predetermined amount of the daily cost of a hospital stay
- Hospital, medical, and surgical indemnity: Offers a mixture of what hospital and surgical indemnity policies cover; doesn’t cover major medical emergencies
- Cancer, heart attack, and stroke: Covers only those three conditions and shouldn’t be used as your only medical policy
- Accident: Covers accidental injuries and shouldn’t be used as your only health insurance policy
- Supplement: Supplement policies act to cover everything that isn’t covered by your major medical or hospital coverage, as well as Medicare
How does having this information benefit you? Well, it’s much easier to obtain Tennessee affordable health insurance premiums if you first know what kind of policy you need. For example, if you’ve just lost your medical benefits due to being laid off from work, you might want to search for cheap health insurance quotes in Tennessee for short term major medical policies. If you can’t yet afford a major medical plan but want protection against the unexpected, you may want to try to save money and get discount health insurance in Tennessee for accident coverage.
In Tennessee, affordable health insurance premiums are just around the corner when you already know what medical coverage you want. Armed with this knowledge, you can begin your search for cheap health insurance quotes in Tennessee with a clear picture of what you want, and what you’re willing to pay.
Learn more about Tennessee Medicare Supplemental Insurance plans, rates and more at http://www.emedicare-supplemental-insurance.com/tennessee-medicare-supplement-plans. Our Tennessee Medicare Supplemental Insurance brokers will help you compare Medicare Supplemental Insurance rates and plans in Tennessee. To talk to an expert in Tennessee Medicare coverage toll free 888.404.5049 today!